things i miss about my life in america:
01. incredibly enlightening (and i mean really, genius) conversations over gchat shared with roommates:
back story: we had been having issues with our internet. resetting it required going downstairs, a task that we were only sometimes willing to do.
oh also, i was watching too much 24 at that point, thus the coercive methods talk.
i took a class in the religious studies department this semester about atheism. i also took a class on evolution. my relationship with faith is still in flux.
have i mentioned that during this entire time we were under one roof, in two different rooms?
brav/bruv = slang used which basically means bro. its a long story.
2. sharing notes during evolution class about how awesome science is and how nerdy we are:
03. people doing weird things just for the sake of being weird and different:
this entire lady is made of butter. do not ask why, it only exists to be awesome.
04. nights that end like this.
05. travel companions.
06. things that get lost in translation in amazing ways. case in point: this south asian song i made my american buddys hear. its about the coming of spring and colors and longing and love. however, if you get to about the 52nd second of this song, it sounds like he just keeps on saying, ‘im awesome.’ true story.
now when i hear it, i cant hear it any other way.