top five feminists books*:
- when the moon waxes red by trinh t. minh-ha
- disidentification by josé esteban muñoz
- methodology of the oppressed by chela sandoval
- impossible desires by gayatri gopinath
- dictee by theresa hak kyung cha
top five fiction books**:
- kira-kira by cynthia kadohata
- the god of small things by arundhati roy
- written on the body by jeanette winterson
- the gangster we are all looking for by lê thi diem thúy
- interpreter of maladies by jhumpa lahiri
*like derrida, i have not read all of the books in my library, but i do hope to read these five books well.
**both of these lists are always works in progress.
ed. note: it is difficult for me to think about lists of books because really i’m more into articles and stories. and because i have a hard time remembering the things regardless of how much i like them. so these lists are actually just books that i appeared in my life more than once and stuck around. i am catholic; i need repetition.